What is SEO.
• SEO is sometimes also called SEO copyrighting because most of the techniques that are used to promote sites in search engines deal with text.
• SEO Stands for Search Engine Optimization.
• SEO is all about optimizing a web site for Search Engines.
• SEO is the process of designing and developing a web site to rank well in search engine results.
• SEO is to improve the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines.
• SEO is a subset of search engine marketing.
• SEO is the art of ranking in the search engines.
• SEO is marketing by understanding how search algorithms work and what human visitors might search.
Why search engine marketing is so important today.
• Most of the Internet users find websites through search engines.
• Most of the Internet users do not go past the top 30 search engine results. They simply type something else in if they can't find a relevant site.
• Most of the Internet users have the intention of purchasing a product or service when using search engines.
• It is very essential for your company's marketing strategy over the web. Search Engine Optimization is the only most beneficial and fruitful way of reaching the high profit margins by marketing on the web.
• If you aren't in the top 10 for your market, you are unlikely to get much traffic from any search engine.
SEO helps in generating leads, sales or simply building awareness.
There is more to search engine optimization than just marketing, as companies can derive many business benefits from using SEO.
Fixed Costs With SEO
The cost of SEO is relatively fixed, independent of click volume. Effectively, the cost per click from SEO declines through time after initial optimization costs and lower ongoing optimization costs. Conversely, paid-search is essentially a variable cost.
Brand Visibility With SEO
Think about that search on auto insurance. The big insurance companies are all desperate to make it onto the first page of Google. The ones that didn’t make it either need to buy PPC ads to be seen, which is expensive for such a competitive search query.
Web Standards / Accessibility
Designing a website for search is an exercise in designing a best practice website. Search engine crawlers notice errors in your code, so valid code is a must for SEO. And that makes for a healthier, more accessible website. Accessible for Google’s crawlers, and for people.
Customer Acquisition - Targeted Prospects
Search is demand-driven, so anybody referred from a search engine is hoping that your web page matches their search query. If it does, and you show them all the information they need to see, they may well become your next customer.